TEL & WhatsApp: +39 366 2749155
Instructions for assembly, utilization & maintenance
Check out our best practices for proper use of the wooden rim, correct assembly, efficient maintenance and long-lasting product storage.
Instructions for assembly and use
- Keep in mind that these are creations of precious wood hand crafted;
- The product is made entirely from natural materials and fully recyclable;
- Carefully inspect the wooden rims, make sure that they have not been damaged during transport;
- Use only niples and washers supplied with the wooden rims by CB Italia;
- To calculate the length of the spokes use the follow tool’s: LENGHT SPOKES CALCULATION;
- For the wooden rims for clincher and pneumatic tires, Before mounting a tire, make sure to put correctly the tape-nipples that protects the inner tube by friction with the spoke nipples;
- Use CBItalia cork brake pads or type Universal red or carbon rim pads;
- The tension, of a new wheel, has to be checked after the first 100 and 500 kilometers;
- The tension shall be round about 8/900N without tyre;
- Reduce tyre pressure before restoring the bike in case the rims are wet.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- When necessary, clean the rims with a cloth moistened with water and denatured alcohol;
- Carefully dry the surface of the rim with a cloth, let it air dry until the last traces of humidity have disappeared;
- Pass the surface of the rim with Tung oil or alternatively with raw linseed oil;
- Wait for the oil to penetrate and wipe the surface of the rim for the last time.
- If not used, the product should be stored in dry and covered environments at a temperature between 10 and 30 degrees and a humidity between 50 and 80%.
- Reduce tire pressure when not in use